Monday, October 5, 2015

My companion and I are in Afton WY.

Hello everyone! This week seemed to drag and I'm glad that today is Monday! My companion and I are all the way in Afton WY. They are building the new temple here and its actually super small. They just got the interior walls put up and they are working away. They are working as fast as they can because they want President Monson to dedicate it before he passes. It looks good though! 


      Afton is a beautiful place and for the people that know what Afton is like, can agree with me! Its surrounded by mountains and is very cold. It reminds me of the little town by Wisconsin Dells. it has a Shopko and a couple of local restaurants. 
      This past week was very busy so let me give you the run down. So on Monday we went to dinner with Ron Fisher again and he took us out to a Mongolian BBQ. It was super good and also I saw Conner Smith ( if anyone remembers him from the Joliet stake. He just got married is living with Ron Fisher. His wife is going to BYU-I and he is doing some online courses.) We taught lynzee lords later that night and she was not at all tuned into the lesson, but she is excited to get baptized! ON Tuesday we had to go to the quick care for my companion and looks like he has the shingles! They are not that bad but he says it went away, and I don't know if I should be worried or not! My mission president and his wife came to the Ririe stake center and met with our investigator, Sy. We still don't know if he can be baptized yet but if you all can keep in in your prayers that everything will work out for him that would be appreciated! We are waiting on the legal department for further instructions. But we will keep working with him and he says he will keep coming to church! 
      Later that night we helped out at the Family History Fair at the stake center. We set up a booth and were in charge of the religious aspect of family history. we did not get any non members but we did get 2 new referrals from a lady who just moved from Boise! She loves missionaries and throws parties for them and all that good stuff! Wednesday came around and we had zone training in Rigby! We set a goal to have 89 baptismal dates by the end of this year and 472 baptisms as the whole mission by the end of the year! We've already have 517 or so this far and I think this goal is achievable! We have to put our trust in the Lord and he will make this happen! Again, I would ask you all to pray for the area that we may find those people who are ready to learn about the gospel! 
      We went to Subway for lunch and a lady paid for all of our sandwiches! People are so good here! We head to Palisades and of course stopped for some square ice cream. While we were standing in line, another lady paid for my ice cream! This mission is seriously the best! 
      We went to dinner at the Nelson's and they just got back from serving a mission in Russia and they made us try on their Russian hat and that's where the pics (see previous post) are from! They are a great crazy couple and it was nice being myself there, haha! 
      We did our weekly planning on Thursday and it was very boring but it had to get done. We drove to rigby again because we had to pick up our suits from the cleaners. We tried to visit people in the Rudy and Clark area (where the referrals are from) but they were not home. 
      For dinner we went to Brother Rose's house and he cooked us antelope meatloaf! I tasted really good and was the best meatloaf I've had in a  long time! Later that night we went to Lynzee's house and helped them make salsa. We taught Lynzee about the word of wisdom and the reminding her the our body is a temple and that we nee to keep it holy. 
      On Friday we had our monthly house and car inspection and we deep cleaned our house and was spotless. They were surprised that it was that cleaned and haven't see it that cleaned before. They gave me a space heater since I'm so cold all the time. It works like a charm! Sy called us over to help him move some hay and than we talked with him for a long time wile we set up some if his Halloween decorations! He says he is growing fond of us and is very thankful that we are in his lives! We have a dinner appt. this Friday with him and is making us homemade pizza! 
      Saturday was one of the best days I've had here because we got to watch conference! It was literally history in the making and glad that we are back to a full quorum of the 12! As everyone has said, those men were truly called of God and by revelation from the prophet! Also priesthood session was also very good! I loved President Eyring's talk. After the session, my companion and I went to Los Albertos to keep the tradition going by always getting a snack after the priesthood sessions. We went to visit penny for a short time and her cancer is back again and has spread to her liver, lungs and her kidneys. We will pray and fast for her that she may be healed quickly so that she can get baptized! Sunday was very spiritual and we watched the morning session at rigby and then went back to the ririe stake center to watch the afternoon session. My favorite talk was by Elder Bednar at the end and loved how he shared the testimonies of the brethren that have past and have served with him. It was different not to have a big breakfast but I did have biscuits and gravy for dinner last night so I guess that make up for it, haha. 
          I love this gospel and loves the blessings it brings to me, my family, and everyone who is willing to listen! I love you all and am thankful for everything you do you me! Until next week!
Elder Browning