Monday, May 9, 2016

Idaho Falls Mission

So we got big news the other day from our mission president in an email and wrote this:

"A change is coming to this mission. As of July 1,2016 more than half of you will get a new Mission President. Our mission is being divided to create the new Idaho Falls Mission. I will continue to serve as the Pocatello Mission President but that will only consist of missionaries from Firth south and into Star Valley.


The new mission will include Shelly And all stakes north plus The Driggs and Jackson area.

I have to divide this mission equally with inspiration and revelation to create two missions that will keep blessings the lives of people we serve. To me it is a lot like loosing half of my children and having to make that decision knowing that I love each and every one of you. I can't even write this letter today without getting choked up emotionally. 

Let us remember that we came to serve our God wherever He wants us and go forward with faith and love of God and do our very best. Sister Hancock and I express our deepest love to you all and will miss serving with many of you. Thank you all. From the bottom of my heart thank you for who you are and what you mean to us."

Crazy right?! Who knows where I will end up. The next transfers are June 8th and that will let us all know where what mission we go to. If I end up going to the newly created mission, I will end up serving in two missions, ha hah. Anyways, this week was good, we found two new investigators in the YSA ward and we are meeting with on of them tomorrow afternoon. We taught a couple of our progressing investigators in the 26th ward and one of them is really close on a baptism date. He told us that he is going to read the entire Book of Mormon is a week and he did. He just needs to read and pray about it and also baptism. We did have a another baptism on Saturday and it was a very good program, a little crazy, but good. We had two confirmations yesterday and so my companion and I had to split because they were in different wards. Also got to Skype not only my awesome mother, but the whole family. It was a little weird having them all there and not being them. This next week should be good, we have zone training and meeting with a lot of people! God is Good. Thanks for everything!
Los amo a todos,
Browning Anciano

 Idaho Falls Central District

 Treycin's Baptism

Happy Mother's Day