Monday, June 20, 2016

Iona Bound

So to start off this email, you should probably know that I will be getting transferred to the Iona South Stake after serving a total of 5 1/2 months in the wonderful Idaho Falls Central Stake. I can't believe how fast time goes by especially as a missionary. It's been a tough couple months, but I feel like things are only getting much better. I've come to realize that serving a mission is hard, but in the end, it's all worth it. The experiences you have and the friends you make are only the sweet tender memories you will cherish for lifetime. I am super excited that I am getting transferred. It will be another fresh start and getting another companion, learning new faces and teaching more people. My new companion is Elder Martin. He has been serving in that area and on his mission for 6 months. He is from Houston, Texas and is the most polite person I have ever met. It's going to be a good transfer. Iona will be fun. It's a little farming community and everyone says its a lot like Ririe, so i'm excited to have my farming roots back. Here's what happened this past week;

We played softball on Monday with our zone and the Ammon zone. We also played with our recent covert and her friend that is starting to come back to church. It was tons of fun and our recent convert just got her temple recommend and she is planning on going to the temple sometime after September and wants me to go through with her. We helped out at the temple on Wednesday night and sanded the gates since they are getting ready to paint them. We had a couple interviews with the mission president and he told me that I will be staying in the new mission. He said today in an email that his heart is tender that he has to send half of us to the new mission. The new mission president should be really good too. He is from Oregon. We then spent the rest of the week doing a little service around the area and saying goodbye to all the amazing families in the Central Stake. I think that is all for this week! I will let you know of all the new adventures next week! Thank you for all the prayers this past week. God is Good! Oh yeah, happy fathers day to the number 1 dad! 
Love you all,
Elder Browning

P.S. I will send you my new address next week so you all can send me letters. There are more pictures of the families that I am seeing tonight so they will be on next week.
 
 Helping sand the temple gates.

 The Staley Family.

 Our recent convert, Treycin Marsden.

 The amazing java workers.

 The Hart Family.

 The Hebdons.

Stake President and his family, the Stewarts.

Last round with Melba.

 The Wahe Family.

 The Kisleys.

 The Staffords.
 
The Baby Whisperer