Monday, November 23, 2015

Casting out the Devil

Hello everyone! This week was probably the busiest week in the mission so far! We ended up contacting and finding about 5 referrals, finding 2 new investigators, and setting a baptismal date! My companion and I work so well together and can feel the spirit so string as we do the Lords work!
     Last Monday, my companion and I went to Idaho Falls and we did a lot of shopping! We went to the mall, target, cabelas, office max, winco, walmart and the thrift store. It was really busy day and we both bought matching comp ties and comp socks. We also bought some matching Christmas ties that we will wear on Christmas day! Ron Fisher took us out to Freddies and boy was it so good! We went to the Thancker's house for a FHE lesson and we got one new investigator. After the Thacker's, we went to the Young's and had another FHE lesson and they invited us over for Thanksgiving dinner on Thursday! We are really excited!
     On Tuesday, I was on exchanges with Elder McTavish and we were in Ririe for the day. We had 20 referrals that he wanted to contact but we ended up just seeing some less active people and taught a couple lessons here and there. That night, we went to the Perry ward and we played beach volleyball with on of our investigators, Dally and she really had a lot of fun. So as we were about to exchange back, we got a call from elder welling and told us that someone in Ririe was literally possessed by the devil, no joke. So us 4 missionaries went to the house and gave her a priesthood blessing a blessed the house. It was a crazy experience that I'll never forget, haha.
     Wednesday we had our district meeting down in swan valley. It was super fun because elder franks was not there. All of the missionaries in our district could tell that I was having a better time with my new companion. Elder Schaerr and I were on splits in Swan valley. We went to lunch and played pool, haha. We visited a couple of people and that night, we taught 2 lessons with another investigator we had. It was a good day!
     Thursday, my companion had to go to Idaho falls because of a meeting we had. So I was on exchanges again with Elder Anderson. He's a little bit on the awkward side but we got a lot of stuff done. It ended up snowing like 4 inches that day so we did a lot of shoveling for people and was my first snow storm! We had a lesson with yet another investigator name Ale. The lesson went really good and we have another lesson with her this coming Saturday. Later that night, guess what? We taught another investigator named jack! HE is super cool and at the end of the lesson, I set a date with him for December 12 at 2pm! One of the youth in the 2nd ward went with us, Eric Peterson and he is probably the funnest kid I've ever met!
   On Friday, we helped out at the senior center. My companion and I made lunch the house and it was super good. We played basketball with Tristan Cole's was a lot of fun. He is planning to turn in his papers in the early spring. For dinner, we had dinner in a pumpkin and was strange but good. It had rice, beef, carrots and peppers in it. Later that night, we helped put up drywall at someones house.
     Saturday we cleaned the house and threw a lot of Elder Franks stuff that he left behind away. We contacted 3 referrals and also received 2. We had dinner at the Gunderson's and she is like our missionary mom here in Ririe and she'll get whatever we need and she loves the missionaries! Later that night, wee helped out a non members house put in a bathroom floor. She literally made us watch the college football game that was on their t.v. because she doesn't really know the rules of us missionaries.
    Sunday was a sunny beautiful Sabbath day. We went to the 3rd Ward for the first time I've been here. We also went to the Perry ward an a elder who just got home gave in homecoming talk! His dad told me he has sister who lives in Naperville! So if anyone of you who knows a 'Marlis Moon" who lives in the Naperville area, please let me know! We had another lesson later that night with jack again and he is progression really well! 

  Well, this week was really busy for my companion and I and i hope it stays this busy! Thank you for all the support you not only give me but also my brother in Brazilian also my family. May you all have a great thanksgiving and hope that you get some good deals on black Friday! God is good! I love you all and until next time!
                                                      Elder Browning
 
Companionship Unity

Elder Wellington - Zone Leader
 
 
New and Improved Star Valley District

Cooking Up a Storm

 Swan Valley Sunset